Assam, India, 2009
- Mature trees (over 5 years old)
- Rates are per litre of foliar spray
- Results from 5 picks Jul – Aug
Citromax is a highly concentrated liquid suspension fertilizer designed to correct deficiencies of zinc and manganese, two common deficiencies in citrus and many other crops worldwide.
- Zinc is an important component of enzyme systems. When deficient, citrus leaves will produce distinctive yellow mottling with reduced leaf size. If the zinc deficiency is not treated, leaves will become narrow, short and almost yellow, twig die back will occur and fruit will be bleached and misshapen.
- Manganese is also an important element for enzyme activity. The effects of manganese deficiency in citrus and other crops will appear on the leaves as light green interveinal marbling.
- Zinc is involved in the formation and activation of hormones that regulate root development, water uptake, flowering and fruit set.
- Zinc plays a major role in the structure and function of the integumentry system, affecting skin elasticity, wound healing and disease suppression.
- Zinc stress reduces root development, nutrient recovery and water uptake, leading to low seed or fruit set and slow accumulation of carbohydrate.
- Low Zinc status is often associated high Phosphorous levels, increased drought stress, disease pressure and is worse on alkaline soils and in cold, wet growing conditions.
Manganese availability has a major influence on photosynthetic activity, causing the obvious symptoms of pale, chlorotic leaves, often in irregular patches through the crop corresponding to soil variations (Marschner, 1990)
Manganese (Mn), a.k.a. “the activator,” is one of the nine micronutrients essential for growing a healthy crop. Some of the functions of Mn in plants are:
- It plays a major role in photosynthesis
- Manganese activates over 35 important enzymes.
- Improves the tolerance of plants to pathogenic infections (Datnoff, Elmer & Huber, 2007).
- Improves the tolerance of plant to oxidative stress caused by environmental factors such as salinity, drought and cold.
Micro-elements are essential for plant development and crop yield, however under certain circumstances micro nutrients may become seriously deficient in plant tissue owing to adverse soil type, soil pH and soil moisture.
Deficiencies of micro-elements will cause a breakdown of complex metabolic systems involved in photosynthesis, respiration and amino acid synthesis. OMEX Micromax applications provide the crop with a balanced range of micro-elements which can be readily absorbed through the leaves or the roots. Micromax is a highly concentrated suspension fertilizer containing all essential micronutrients, magnesium and sulphur.
Click here for more product information: